The Minibrew® “MiniMe” – 6.5 Gallon Conical Fermenter
In 1997, when the first order shipped out, the goal was to deliver the Best Small Batch Fermenters and All Grain Brewing Tanks available. After realizing the difference brewing with the 60 degree cone, and perfecting its design, the vision was to produce the fist conical fermenter made of food grade High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
We made it to market first, and have not looked back since. Our tanks and fermenters have been upgraded, updated and are constantly reviewed to see if there is anything that can be done to take the tank to another level.
We have tried to allow you, the individual brewer to be able to modify the units as you see fit. Whether it be with an additional EZ Seal Weld-Less Bulkhead, or your own device when attached to one of the Stainless Steel Valves, you can customize your unit to your liking.
For those of you who have one of our original fermenters or tanks, it gives me great pleasure to deliver the latest edition our classic 6.5 gallon conical fermenter! We call it the “MiniMe” model. Perfect anyone who is starting out, or for the most experienced of brewers. It’s all about the cone!
This is the 8th evolution of tanks since we started making the 6.5 gallon conical fermenters. We have it down!
This lid was designed specially for Minibrew® to match the female threads welded into the tank. Now you can screw on the lid and seal it. One hand is all it takes. See below for a list of what is included with your order.
Take your brewing to the next level withe The Minibrew® Affordable Conical Fermenter!
Positive dead yeast removal from the large 3/4 inch bottom valve eliminates bacteria risk. Spray sanitizer on the valve, drain dead yeast into a small pan or coffee cup, close valve and spray again. This is the ONLY risk free dead yeast removal method. This is the method used by micro brewers. While you are at it, collect a small amount of light colored yeast for a starter to use with your next brew.
Don’t take the infection risk of using a cup or jar that fastens to the bottom valve. When that cup is replaced the air in the cup bubbles up through your wort infecting the live yeast plus you may have to dump the cup a few times to get all the yeast. There is risk every time it is replaced.
Our included 1/2 inch racking port valve is used for racking to a keg or to bottles. It is also used to gather a sample for specific gravity testing and tasting. It couldn’t get any easier!
When the beer reaches target gravity, transfer to a cornelius keg with a 3/8 inch tube or use a bottling wand for filling bottles all from the racking port valve. The 60 degree conical bottom assures you all dead yeast is below the racking port. A closed transfer system is the best protection against infection.
Why the Minibrew® 6.5 Conical Gallon Fermenter?
- Arrives ready to brew. Assemble, Clean, Sanitize, Fill, and Pitch.
- Durable, Easy to Clean, and Less Expensive than Stainless Steel.
- All Stainless Steel Fittings, Including Racking Port.
- Compact Design with Our Included All Metal Ridged Stand.
- Height is Adjustable (if you choose) for Upright or Chest Freezer.
- Save Money on Yeast by Reusing Your Collected Flocculated Yeast. 30% of the Flocculated Yeast is Alive for Re-Use.
- 60 Degree Conical Works Best for a More Complete Flow of Dead Yeast to Bottom Valve. This also Reduces the Esters.
- 6.5 Gallon Capacity Leaves More than Enough of Head Space for Your 5 Gallon Batch.
- Our Fermenters are Proudly Made Right Here in the USA.
- Our Fermenters are the Industry Standard. Compare and See.
- Our Fermenters are the Real Cylindro-Conical Tank. Check it out!
- Advantages of the Conical Design found on Reddit.
1. The Minibrew Fermenter, is a durable tank with full 5/16 inch wall thickness, with a unique 60 degree conical bottom and cylindrical top. The Shape Gives a More Complete Fermentation, Faster.
2. Our Rigid All Metal Stand.
3. Two Stainless Steel Weld-Less EZ Seal Bulkhead Fittings.
◦ 1 x 3/4 inch
◦ 1 x 1/2 inch
4. Stainless steel valves and hex nipple fittings are included.
◦ 1 x 3/4 inch valve for filling, dumping trub, and harvesting live yeast
◦ 1x 1/2 inch valve for racking, tasting, and gravity testing
◦ 1x nylon 1/2 by 3/8 barbs are included for connecting to a bottling line or keg filling tube
5. Threaded lid and red o-ring top is easy to seal with one hand and a twist of the wrist.
6. Airlock & Cork, All Assembly Instructions & What to Do First for Crafting Your Own Home Brew.
Please allow 2-3 weeks delivery.